Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Committing Harry-kari



This weekend the final chapter of the Harry Potter saga, The Deathly Hallows, reveals itself to the world.

I've got a voucher for my copy at the Tattered Cover, and my only question besides 'how will it all end?' is 'will I survive all the unwanted spoilers' floating in the ether like so many death eaters?' (Link is not a spoiler by the way.)

To that end I am going to spoil Harry for myself.

If the world is set on ruining the surprise for me as it did in the build up for The Sopranos denouement - thanks CNN - then I am going to beat it to the punch and ruin it for myself.

I have Friday off and plan a self-imposed media blackout. That night I am going to a concert. Saturday morning I am picking up my copy of The Deathly Hallows.

And then, I will immediately read the final chapter first and then turn to the book's beginning to read it start to finish.

Nyah-nyah.

No comments: