Saturday, June 30, 2007

Coolhand Band

My poor pal, the mini-boss sent a shout out to me re: Coolhand Band, our rock-n-roll mentors, and I failed to respond.

So, better late than never, here's a hastily compiled album (of sorts), of our favorite Coolhand hits. I don't think any of this ever happened, but if it did, I know mini-boss was holding my hand.



1. Learning to spell
2. She sees by degrees
3. 33
4. Turning down
5. Cocktail walk
6. Chocolate box
7. Would
8. Lightn'ng fence
9. Halby learns guitar (what's with all the learning?)
10. Out'tha freaks
11. Wired & ready
12. Save me bravely

Did I really overlook Acetate?

-----------------
Caveat:

"Never happened" - or something like that - comes from some pre-show banter of an REM bootleg I have circa 1983/84. Someone shouts "Athens Georgia." Mike Mills deadpans into the mic "Never exsisted." Never thought it meant a thing until tonight.

Caveat too:

I've been accused of not posting enough pictures of my daughter. Blame me, I'm overprotective (Kitt, these are for you). You can't have her, you can't have her, no, not for free.



2 comments:

Kitt said...

Aw, what a cutie! Love the Brewers uniform. Thanks for posting the pics. You can link to me any time.

And thanks for the memory lane detour. Club de Wash! So sad it burned down.

Anonymous said...

Good words.